- Reserve your bench spaces for just £5 per maker. This also covers use of tools, glues and accessories in the workshop.
Mini Maker sessions will run on (most) Saturdays and during school holidays.
What is a Mini-Maker Workshop?
A mini-maker workshop is a fun 1.5 hour family woodworking session in our Crondall workshop.
Makers who have enjoyed these sessions before know that they're not your average craft activity! We believe children should have a chance to experience proper woodwork with real tools and let their creativity and imagination run wild. Their pride and sense of achievement at making something awesome will absolutely make your day.
On arrival, mini-makers will choose their projects – we have wooden characters, scrappy racer cars or even egg cups, wooden mallets and rainbows! This range will be added to regularly.
In your bench space will be all the tools, accessories, extra scrap wood, fabric, wood curls and more needed to make totally awesome creations!
Suitable for children aged 5 and up, these sessions are a fun creative activity that will teach your children hands-on woodworking skills in a safe environment.
Children will learn new skills including how to use basic hand tools, plan out a project, sand wood and connect pieces together using dowels or glue. They will leave with a huge sense of pride and a fantastic imaginative creation built with their own hands.
Jonty's warm welcome always makes everyone feel at home in the workshop and he will be on hand to offer tuition and advice throughout the session.
Choose your project on the day and only pay for what you make. Guide prices are:
Character building projects – £16 - £18
Scrappy Racer car building projects – £17 - £19
Paints and accessories – from £5
- You will be shown to your bench space and asked not to move around the workshop unless necessary.
- Adults and children over 12 must bring a face covering and wear it on arrival and when moving around the workshop.
- There will be hand sanitiser available on each bench and hand soap and paper towels in the toilets.
- Each bench space will have a set of tools available for use which will be cleaned thoroughly between each session.
- Refreshments – We are unfortunately unable to provide refreshments at this time. You are welcome to bring your own soft drinks but please do not bring food into the workshop.
Children must be accompanied by a grown-up at all times in the workshop. They will have access to tools, un-sanded wood, glues etc and must be properly supervised.
- One adult can supervise one or two children.
- For older children (around age 9+), one adult to three kids is fine.
- Adults can make too! £5 workbench fee per maker applies (this can be paid on the day).
Ash and Co Workshops
Come and enjoy a festive treat for your children. Escape from the real world at a creative family workshop where your Mini-Maker can make a fun wooden character or car. Your child will use their creativity and imagination to build their own unique wooden character or scrappy racer car in our proper woodworking workshop in Crondall. Suitable for children aged 5 and up, our Mini-Maker sessions are a non-digital escape from everyday life that will encourage creativity and teach your children hands-on skills in a safe environment. Under current regulations, places are limited to five 'bubble' bench spaces per session spaced out across the workshop.
Each bench space is for one mini-maker (£24.95) or two mini-makers (£39.95) over 5yrs with one supervising adult.
Join the Halloween fun with our Witches and Wizards theme during October Half Term.
Find out More
Make at Home Kits
For children and adults to enjoy making together, these kits are a little bit of the Ash & Co. Workshop, lovingly created for you to build at home. Choose from a car kit or a character kit! There are also Halloween add ons for this half term, so you can give your creations a spooky twist!