Disclaimer: Whilst LocalFamilyEvents endevors to keep the event information on this page up to date and correct, dates and times may change
or be cancelled without our knowledge; so please always check with the event or venue host. We take no responsibility or liability
The specific activities will be released closer to the time, and will be altered depending on the current Covid guidance.
Our usual activities on the Activity Thursdays include
- Victorian school: Join in a Victorian class and experience what it was like to be an Victorian school child. What punishments were used? Use the slates and chalk. There is reclaimed village school on site which is used to re-create the scene.
- Victorian Laundry: Grab a shirt from the laundry pile and use the tools available to the Victorians to clean it, including the wash bucket, wash boards and mangles, then peg it on the line to dry!
- Play with Victorian toys, including stilts, skipping ropes, hoops, bowls and more.
- Wood turning, have a go at spinning wood using a traditional foot lathe.
- Arts and crafts. make cards, sculpt with clay and much more.
- Museum: walk around the museum and see the different vehicles, tools and shops that were around in the Victorian era.
- Victorian life size dolls house. Suitable for the younger children to explore inside!
- Enjoy a steam train ride around the rural life centre.
- Rocket building on the lawn. build a rocket and launch it as high as you can!
- badge making: pick a picture from the magazines, and create your very own badge.
- Charcoal making
- post - war house set ups,
- bunkers and air raid shelters
Tickets will be released once the Government restrictions have eased and it is deemed safe to run this event. Watch this space for ticketing updates.
Come along to Activity Thursday for a day of crafts and things to make and do during the June half term holiday.
In light of concerns about the spread of Corona Virus please BOOK ONLINE here https://rural-life.org.uk/buy-tickets/
What is open?
- The grounds will be open
- The playground is available
- All annual pass holders will be extended by 6months.
- The cafe is open, and food can be eaten outside (no Sunday roast)
- Hand washing and sanitising stations are available all around the site.
- Nice new toilet facilities
The Rural Life Living Museum is brimming with artefacts cleverly displayed in their original settings. Over 150 years of village life, farming and rural industry are represented. We cannot detail every aspect of the museum, however, we have chosen a taste of what you might discover on your visit, and given some extra information if you would like to know more.
Find out more during your museum visit by scanning our QR codes with your mobile or tablet. This will give you access to interesting images and additional facts about the exhibits.
- Adults Gift Aid £12.00 / £10.75
- Over 65s / Concession Gift Aid £11.00 / £9.50
- Children (4-16) Gift Aid £8.75 / £7.75
- Children under 4 Free
- Family (2 adults + up to 3 children under 16) Gift Aid £33.50 / £30.00
Entry to the museum is FREE* on presentation of a valid membership card. * Certain ticketed events are excluded.
ADULTS SINGLE £30
OVER 60'S & CONCESSIONS £28
FAMILY (2 ADULTS & UP TO 3 CHILDREN) £81
Associate Organisation Member£19.00
Lifetime MEMBER £300.00
Joint LIFETIME MEMBER £400.00