Bucklebury Farm Park is a 77-acre farm owned and run by husband and wife team Rupert and Elizabeth Hartley Russell (pictured below with the farm’s herd of rare breed Berkshire pigs) and based in thepicturesque Pang Valley.
Originally Bucklebury Farm Park was purely a working farm, growing corn and housing a small flock of sheep. In 1986 six acres of strawberry fields were planted and the farm became a popular pick-your-own.
In 1992 the decision was taken to diversify into the tourist industry, and the past 23 years has seen the creation of a magical farm park experience for all to enjoy.
The Wild Walk
The farmyard is home to a small herd of rare breed Berkshire pigs, pygmy and Anglo-Nubian goats, Dexter cattle, ponies, donkeys, poultry, guinea fowl and even reindeer.
The deer park is home to Bucklebury Farm Park’s extensive deer herd with four different breeds including Red deer, Sika, Fallow and Axis. Tractor rides and deer safaris offer visitors unique access to this wonderful herd.
The farm’s woodland offers the chance to get away from it all with nature trails and a boardwalk over the stream and plants, flowers and wildlife to see all year round.
Being a working farm, everyday is an adventure at Bucklebury Farm Park with new arrivals on the farm yard throughout the year, baby lambs to bottle feed in spring, goat kids, rabbits and guinea pigs to cuddle and piglets to watch. But our visitors are also guaranteed fun in our adventure playground, on the jumping pillow, go-karts, obstacle course, den-building area and great indoor play area with its scary drop slides and soft play for little ones.
Education, conservation and fun
The team at Bucklebury Farm Park led by Farm Park Manager Danny Kidby-Hunter are passionate about playing our part in helping children and adults learn more about the countryside and where food comes from as well as encouraging more people to enjoy the great outdoors. As well as welcoming school and group visits, our friendly and expert team are always happy to answer questions and we also run guided-walks and popular deer safaris during the year.
£9.95pc self catering, £13.50pc catered - cold, £15pc catered - hot
Party Price £0.00
Come and celebrate -memories are made of birthdays at Bucklebury Farm Park
Bucklebury Farm Park offers a great venue for a celebration for birthday boys and girls of all ages. Let us take the strain with your special events this year – we can provide everything from the face-painter to a cake!
Whether you choose a gold, silver or bronze package, all of our birthday parties include:
- Entrance to the farm park for the whole day for the birthday child and his/her parents
- One FREE Adult for every additional child place booked
- Discounted admission for any additional accompanying adults, together with 10% discount in Woody’s our on-site cafe
- Use of your chosen party venue for two hours
- A personal tractor ride for your party to see and feed the deer herd (weather and ground conditions permitting)
- Unlimited fruit squash for the party guests
- Free downloadable party invitations
- A farm park party host to meet and greet you and your guests and to ensure your party goes to plan
- A trolley-cart in reception for your party guests to place their gifts (or anything else in)
- A 10% party discount for Bucklebury Farm Park season ticket holders
Choose between our four fantastic party venues all of which will be decorated for your party in a “farm” theme:
Bertie the Bucklebury Play Bus
New for 2013, Bertie, our double-decker bus will provide a novel venue for your child’s party. With its own soft play, fun slide and eating area, the bus will be your party base and provide somewhere warm and dry to enjoy your party food.
* There is a £5 supplement per child (and a minimum group size of 10) for booking Bertie the Bucklebury Bus
Based in our outdoor play area and named after our favourite donkey, Crunchy’s Cabin provides a simple, rustic but dry and warm venue for your party with wooden picnic tables.
Named after one of our cockerels and with a views over the farmyard, this is a perfect venue for your farm-themed party.
From May to September, enjoy the special atmosphere of a party in our decorated woodland tipi
Tots to Toddlers Teddy Bear’s Picnic Party – £15.50 per child
- Suitable for ages 1-4 years
- Choice of venue as above
- Teddy bear party host
- Choice of hot or cold food
- Special downloadable invitation
- Party guests to bring along their favourite bear
Ultimate Farming Party – £17.50 per child
- Suitable for age four-plus
- Choice of venue as above
- Choice of hot or cold food
- Three farmer-led activities of your choice
Bushcraft Party – £20 per child
- Suitable for ages 8-13
- Our woodland tipi will be your HQ for the duration of your 2.5hr party
- Your party will be hosted by a bushcraft instructor
- Activities will include animal-tracking, den-building, fire-making and toasting marshmallows
- Woodland BBQ at additional £5 per head
Make your party extra special by adding some optional extras:-
- A farming activity: pat a pet session (2yrs+); egg collecting (4yrs+); lamb feeding (4yrs+); animal feeding; donkey grooming (6yrs+) all @ £1 per child per activity (NB parental supervision required)
- A party bag (includes a mini beanbag farm animal; bouncy egg ball; farm stickers; BFP pencil and rubber; pack of Haribo or similar @ £5 each
- A donkey-shaped 24-string piñata @ £20
- A ready-prepared pass-the-parcel with at least one layer of paper per child @ £10
- A treasure hunt @ £1 per child
- Pin-the-tail on the donkey game @ £5
- Face Painting @ £1 per child
- Children’s Entertainer/ puppet show (please ask for details and prices)
- A plate of sandwiches (three rounds; ham & mustard; cheese & pickle; tuna mayo) for adult guests